At Christ Church, we want everyone to hear the good news that "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (The Bible - John 3:16) To this end, we're starting an exciting project to offer every home in the parish a 4 minute DVD presentation of the good news about Jesus.
If you'd like us to deliver you one of these DVDs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org stating you request, name and address. you can also let us know what you think of the dvd by completing the short online survey by clicking here.
If you're a member of Christ Church, talk to Peter or Bridget about the different ways you can get involved.
Roger was converted as a teenager and worked as a school teacher in West Yorkshire for over ten years. Since 1983 he has been an itinerant evangelist taking university and church missions in many parts of the UK and beyond. He also writes and distributes Christian tracts and books. He is married to Dot and they have four children.
We are privileged to be having him visit us at Christ Church from 14-18 May 2014, when he will be interviewing some interesting followers of Jesus about how knowing Him has helped them. He is also great showing how Christ is relevant to each of us in the 21st Century.
- Weds 14th - Simon Pinchbeck, tells us how he started off as a 'copper' who had a career change and became a criminal, then had a life change and became a Christian.
- Thurs 15th - Fiona Castle, OBE, talks about family, fame and how faith has made a difference in her life even after the tragic and untimely death of her husband, Roy.
- Fri 16th - Robert Prendergast, Christian rap artist and musician, talks about how his gods used to be sex and music.
- Sat 17th - Mo Williams, successful script editor for hit shows such as Spooks and Holby City. She lets us in on how being a Christian shapes every area of her life.
- Sunday 18th at Christ Church - 10:30am - Guest Service - Roger Carswell talks with humour and warmth about how Jesus Christ changes lives today. He will also will be interviewing young local singer and actress, Lydia Crosher, about her fight against leukaemia and how God helped her and her family to cope.
There will also be a 'Yorkshire Tea' at 10am in the church on Sat 17th May.
First Wednesday Prayer Meeting
Our First Wednesday prayer meeting encourages us to pray more faithfully as a church and in particular to set aside time to pray about all that we hope to do for the Lord here.
We meet in the Sunflower Suite at Christ Church School from 7:30pm for refreshments before turning to prayer at 8:00pm and aiming to be finishied by about 9:00pm.
Please put these dates in your diary as a clear priority each month and keep the first Wednesday clear of any other commitments! It is important.